In light of GeneaJulies excellent advice for genealogists attending a genealogy conference, we thought it would be good to offer a similar series of tips for their spouses:
- Choose your sessions wisely.
Ensure that your spouse attends the longest sessions, regardless of content or quality. This will leave you with the maximum amount of “alone” time to relax, shop or have a few drinks.
- Arrive early for those sessions!
- Bring business or “business” cards.
- Collect business or “business” cards.
- Use your down time to visit the exhibit hall.
- Attend social events.
- Dress comfortably.
- Sit by people you don’t know.
- Bring your tool kit.